Dome House is the only Geodesic Dome property available in the Federation.
It is situated several hundred feet above the picturesque capital Charlestown on the forested flanks of Nevis Peak. The setting affords an amazing panoramic view of the Caribbean with Dutch islands St Eustatia & Saba framing the horizon.
Accessed via a 190′ concrete driveway Dome House features 2 bedrooms (a huge master and large guest room), 2 washrooms each with full tubs/showers, a large airy living room and dining room, a galley kitchen with a very large pantry area featuring lots of large cupboards and drawers for storage, and a large walk-out basement with laundry room.
Situated in the quiet neighbourhood of Hamilton, the house is conveniently located on the hillside directly above Charlestown and is a 5 minute drive to the Four Seasons Resort. The house has recently been repainted and is perfect for a couple or a small family looking for an excellent centrally located home in a classic, hurricane-proof structure, originally designed by American inventor and architect Buckminster Fuller.
– Half an acre of cleared, fenced and gated land with amazing sea and mountain views
– 190 foot solid concrete driveway from main road right to your front door
– Three custom designed, Nevis themed, brightly coloured mosaic glass panels in transom above front door.
– 2nd Floor Master three quarter inch thick, solid oak flooring (not laminate)
– Large sky-light directly over the master bed to watch the stars at night (window is anti-uv coated to reflect heat in direct sunlight)
– Large (750 square feet) walk-out basement, fully tiled and painted storage/work area featuring large capacity washing machine and dryer. Basement also has two good sized windows each protected by metal roll down storm shutters.
– 55 gallon solar water heater providing all hot water needs for bathing and laundry.
– Genuine Corian countertops, sinks and back-splashes throughout the home, kitchen, pantry, guest washroom and master bath
– House is furnished and equipped and is essentially “move-in ready”.
– Made of reinforced concrete, the dome is essentially hurricane proof which was a major consideration when the design of the home was initially selected
– Many of the windows are custom made with impact/shatter resistance polycarbonate glass including the large patio sliding doors.
– Dome has 5 inches of insulating foam built into all its reinforced concrete panels providing amazing cooling properties and reduced utility bills for air-conditioning.
– The house was featured on the cover of the Spring 2008 Issue of Caribbean Homes and Lifestyles magazine with an article inside.